FINITOR contains Levamisole, which belongs to the group of immune-modulating agents. Immunomodulating agents like Levamisole change the activity of the immune system in the body.
FINITOR is used to treat Steroid Sensitive Nephrotic Syndrome (SSNS). It is used during and following a therapy with prednisone or prednisolone.
BEFORE YOU TAKE FINITOR
Do not take FINITOR
– If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Levamisole or any of the other ingredients of the FINITOR tablet.
Take special care with FINITOR
– If you have a liver or kidney disease, please consult your doctor, who possibly adapts the dose accordingly.
– If changes in the blood cells occur. Levamisole can induce changes in white blood cells. Therefore blood controls are required at regular intervals (e.g. every 3 weeks) during treatment. Treatment must be stopped immediately if significant changes in blood cells occur. Such changes in blood may be preceded by influenza-like symptoms, such as fever and shiverings. In such instances, you should immediately report these symptoms to your doctor.
It should be noted that influenza-like symptoms might also occur without changes in blood.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including any medicines that have been obtained without prescription. It is imperative that you tell your doctor
– if you use anticoagulants (blood-thinners).
– if you use medicines that contain Phenytoin (medicine prescribed for epilepsy). Levamisole may increase the blood level of Phenytoin.
– if you use other medicines that effect the formation of blood cells (hematopoiese).
Taking FINITOR with food and drink
You should not drink any alcohol during treatment. Unpleasant side effects might emerge such as severe headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
There is no information available regarding the possible harmful effects of Levamisole during pregnancy. Do not take FINITOR while you are pregnant or if you intend to become pregnant. Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Do not take FINITOR when you are breastfeeding. Ask your doctor for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving or using machines
You can drive and use tools or machines during treatment.
Important information regarding some of the ingredients of FINITOR
It contains lactose. If you have been informed by your doctor that you have intolerance to some sugars, please ask your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
HOW TO USE FINITOR
Always take FINITOR exactly as your doctor told you. You should ask your doctor if you are not sure.
The usual dose is 2.5 mg per kg bodyweight, to be taken every other day. The maximum dose is 150 mg, to be taken every other day.
Ingest whole tablets. The tablet can be taken with some water or, if necessary, with custard or any appropriate liquid.
FINITOR treatment will be started during treatment with prednisone or prednisolone as soon as the urine is free of proteins for at least three days.
The dosage and frequency of administration of prednisone/prednisolone will be cut down following a schedule provided by your doctor. Treatment will be continued for a period of at least 6 months. Treatment will be stopped if a relapse of SSNS occurs.
If you take more FINITOR than you should
In case of accidental intake by a child (in dosages higher than indicated), you should let the child vomit and contact your doctor immediately. Possible signs of an overdose: Extreme lethargy or sleepiness, confusion, dizziness, headaches and complaints of the intestines or stomach, such as diarrhea, cramps, nausea and vomiting.
If you forget to take FINITOR
If you forget to take FINITOR at your usual time, you can safely take the dose later the same day. If the next day you realise that you forgot to take the dose from the previous day, do not take the dose that was missed. Simply continue with the regular next dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
If you stop taking FINITOR
Do not stop taking FINITOR without first consulting your doctor.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, FINITOR can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop taking FINITOR and contact your doctor if you get the following side effects.
– Changes in white blood cells (neutropaenia). These changes might cause flu-like symptoms such as chills, fever, fatigue
– Changes in blood platelets (trombocytopenia).
– Disorders of the brain and nerves (leukoencephalopathy). Symptoms of these disorders are confusion, loss of memory, unusual sleepiness, an unusual itching or tingling feeling that occurs without a clear reason, weakness of the muscle, seizures, coma or speech disturbances.
– Hypersensitive reactions such as skin rash, itching, a swollen face or tightness of the chest.
Other side effects that may occur
– Nervousness, sleepiness, depression.
– Nausea, vomiting, reduced appetite, diarrhea, constipation
– Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). A symptom of this inflammation is a suddenly occurring stomach pain.
– Skin rash and inflammation, malformations of the skin such as red swollen spots.
– Muscle and joint pain.
– Inflammation of the mouth, change to your odour.
If any of the side effects becomes serious, or if you experience any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please contact your doctor immediately.
HOW TO STORE
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Store in original package. Store below 25 °C. Do not freeze.
Do not use FINITOR after the expiry date stated on the carton and blister. After ‘EXP’ month (2 digits) and year (4 digits) are stated. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What FINITOR 50, 100, 150 contains
The active substance is Levamisole hydrochloride, equivalent to 50, 100 and 150 mg Levamisole respectively.
The other ingredients are Lactose monohydrate, Maize starch, Sodium starch glycollate, Hydroxypropyl cellulose, Microcrystalline cellulose, Sodium stearyl fumarate, Hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, Talc, Polyethylene glycol, Saccharin sodium and Titanium dioxide.
What FINITOR looks like and the contents of the pack
An FINITOR tablet is a white, round, film coated tablet without inscriptions.
Ten tablets are packed in an aluminium/pvc blister. A carton contains 5 blisters of 10 tablets.
If you are a distributor, please inquire with us about product , importing and/or marketing our products in your country or region. If you are a consumer, don’t hesitate to contact us about more information for this product.
The most common markets for this product include the following state . Please inquire with us if your state is not listed:
North India : Jammu & Kashmir ,Himachal Pradesh,Uttar Pradesh ,Uttaranchal , Punjab ,Haryana.
South India : Kerala, Karnataka ,Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh.
East India : Assam ,Manipur, Meghalaya,West Bengal ,Orissa,Sikkim ,Mizoram, Tripura
West India : Goa ,Gujarat ,Rajasthan ,Maharashtra
Central India : Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh