BETAHISTINE -24 contains betahistine. This medicine is called a histamine analogue. It is used to treat:
• dizziness (vertigo)
• ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
• hearing loss suffered by people with Meniere’s disease
This medicine works by improving blood flow in the inner ear. This lowers the build up of pressure.
BEFORE YOU TAKE BETAHISTINE -24
Do not take BETAHISTINE -24 if:
• You are allergic to any of the ingredients in the tablets (see section 6 for further details).
• You have high blood pressure due to an adrenal tumour (phaeochromocytoma).
If any of the above applies to you, do not take this medicine and talk to your doctor.
Take special care and tell your doctor if:
• You have a stomach ulcer
• You have asthma
• You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• You are breast-feeding
If any of the above applies to you, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Your doctor will tell you whether it is safe for you to start taking this medicine.
Your doctor may also want to monitor your asthma while you take BETAHISTINE -24 Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. This includes herbal medicines. In particular, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines:
• Anti-histamines – these may (in theory) lower the effect of Betahistine dihydrochloride. Also, Betahistine dihydrochloride may lower the effect of anti-histamines.
• Monoamine-oxidase inhibitors (MA01s) – used to treat depression or Parkinson’s disease. These may increase the exposure of Betahistine dihydrochloride.
Taking BETAHISTINE -24 with food and drink
You can take KEMVERT-24 with or without food.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Do not take BETAHISTINE -24 if you are pregnant unless your doctor has decided that it is absolutely necessary. Ask your doctor for advice.
Do not breast-feed while using BETAHISTINE -24 unless instructed by your doctor.
Driving and using machines
BETAHISTINE -24 is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use tools or machinery. However, remember that diseases for which you are being treated with BETAHISTINE -24 (vertigo, tinnitus and hearing loss associated with Meniere’s syndrome) can make you feel dizzy or be sick, and can affect your ability to drive or use machines.
HOW TO TAKE KEMVERT-24
• Swallow the tablets with water.
• Preferably take the tablet with a meal.
How much BETAHISTINE -24 to take
Always follow your doctor’s instructions because your doctor might adjust your dose
• BETAHISTINE -24 is available in two strengths, an 8 mg tablet and a 16 mg tablet.
• The usual starting dose is 16 mg three times a day (48 mg).
• Your doctor may lower your dose to 8 mg three times a day (24 mg).
Keep taking your tablets. The tablets can take a while to start to work.
BETAHISTINE -24 is not recommended for those under 18 years old.
How to stop taking BETAHISTINE -24
Keep taking your tablets until your doctor tells you to stop.
Even when you start feeling better, your doctor may want you to carry on taking the tablets for some time to make sure that the medicine has worked completely.
If you take more BETAHISTINE -24 than you should
If you or someone else too much BETAHISTINE -24 (an overdose), talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you.
If you forget to take BETAHISTINE -24
If you miss a tablet, wait until the next dose is due. Do not try to make up for the dose you have missed.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, BETAHISTINE -24 can cause side effects (unwanted effects or reactions), but not everyone gets them.
The following serious side effects may occur during treatment with BETAHISTINE -24:
Allergic reactions such as:
• Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or neck. This may cause difficulty breathing.
• A red skin rash, inflamed itchy skin
If any of these side effects occur you should stop treatment immediately and contact you doctor.
Common side effects (at least 1 in 100 and less than 1 in 10 patients):
Nausea, indigestion, headaches
Other side effects
Itching, rash, hives, mild gastric complaints such as vomiting, stomach pain and bloating. Taking BETAHISTINE -24 with food can help reduce any stomach problems.
HOW TO STORE KEMVERT-24
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• This medicine should preferably be locked in a cupboard or medicine cabinet.
• Do not use the tablets after the expiry date which is printed on the carton and blister pack.
• Do not store your tablets above 25°C and keep them in the original package.
• If your doctor stops your treatment, return any unused tablets to a pharmacist.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What BETAHISTINE -24 contains
Each tablet contains 8 or 16 mg of betahistine dihydrochloride.
The tablets also contain microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol E421, citric acid monohydrate, colloidal anhydrous silica and talc.
What BETAHISTINE -24 looks like and contents of the pack
Betahistine dihydrochloride-8 is round, flat, white to almost white with plain on both face of the tablet.
Betahistine dihydrochloride-16 is round, bioconvex, scored, white to almost white and with plain on both face of the tablet.
Betahistine dihydrochloride-8 is available in packs of 120 tablets and containers with 500 or 1000 tablets.
Betahistine dihydrochloride-16 is available in packs of 84 tablets and containers with 500 or 1000 tablets.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
If you are a distributor, please inquire with us about product , importing and/or marketing our products in your country or region. If you are a consumer, don’t hesitate to contact us about more information for this product.
The most common markets for this product include the following state . Please inquire with us if your state is not listed:
North India : Jammu & Kashmir ,Himachal Pradesh,Uttar Pradesh ,Uttaranchal , Punjab ,Haryana.
South India : Kerala, Karnataka ,Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh.
East India : Assam ,Manipur, Meghalaya,West Bengal ,Orissa,Sikkim ,Mizoram, Tripura
West India : Goa ,Gujarat ,Rajasthan ,Maharashtra
Central India : Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh