Treating severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, and skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Hydrocortisone Acetate is a corticosteroid. It works by decreasing or preventing tissues from responding to inflammation. It also modifies the body’s response to certain immune stimulation.
Do NOT use hydrocortisone acetate if:
• you are allergic to any ingredient in hydrocortisone acetate
• you have a systemic fungal infection
• you are taking mifepristone
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using hydrocortisone acetate:
Some medical conditions may interact with hydrocortisone acetate. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
• if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
• if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
• if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
• if you are scheduled for a vaccination with a live virus vaccine (eg, smallpox)
• if you have a history of an underactive thyroid, liver or kidney problems, heart problems or heart attack, diabetes, high blood pressure, inflammation of the esophagus, stomach problems (eg, ulcers), bowel blockage or other bowel problems (eg, ulcerative colitis or gravis), or mental or mood problems (eg, depression)
• if you have measles, chickenpox, herpes infection of the eye, or any other type of bacterial, fungal, parasitic, or viral infection
• if you have recently had tuberculosis (TB) or have had a positive skin test for TB
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with hydrocortisone acetate. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
• Aprepitant because it may increase the risk of hydrocortisone acetate’s side effects
• Barbiturates (eg, phenobarbital), carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), or rifampin because they may decrease hydrocortisone acetate’s effectiveness
• Clarithromycin, azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), steroidal contraceptives (eg, desogestrel), or troleandomycin because side effects, such as weakness, confusion, muscle aches, joint pain, or low blood sugar, may occur
• Methotrexate or ritodrine because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by hydrocortisone acetate
• Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), live vaccines, or mifepristone because their effectiveness may be decreased by hydrocortisone acetate
• Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) or aspirin because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased or decreased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if hydrocortisone acetate may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use hydrocortisone acetate:
Use hydrocortisone acetate as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• Take hydrocortisone acetate by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
• Do not suddenly stop taking hydrocortisone acetate. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, seizures). If you need to stop hydrocortisone acetate or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
• If you miss a dose of hydrocortisone acetate, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use hydrocortisone acetate.
Possible side effects
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Difficulty sleeping; dizziness or lightheadedness; headache; increased appetite; increased sweating; indigestion; nervousness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; changes in menstrual periods; chest pain; eye pain or increased pressure in the eye; fever, chills, or sore throat; joint or bone pain; mood or mental changes (eg, depression); muscle pain or weakness; seizures; severe or persistent nausea or vomiting; stomach pain or bloating; swelling of feet or legs; unusual weight gain or loss; vision changes; vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds.
• Hydrocortisone Acetate may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
• If you have not had chickenpox, shingles, or measles, avoid contact with anyone who does. If you are exposed to anyone with chickenpox or measles, contact your doctor right away.
• Carry an ID card at all times that says you take hydrocortisone acetate.
• Tell your doctor or dentist that you take hydrocortisone acetate before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
• Long-term use may cause cataracts, glaucoma, and eye infections. Contact your doctor right away if you develop any unusual changes in your vision.
• Hydrocortisone Acetate may cause an increase in blood pressure, salt and water retention, and calcium and potassium loss. Talk with your doctor to see if you need to decrease the amount of salt in your diet or take a calcium or vitamin D supplement.
• Do not receive a live vaccine (eg, measles, mumps) while you are taking hydrocortisone acetate. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
• Diabetes patients – Hydrocortisone Acetate may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
• Lab tests, including blood electrolytes, blood calcium levels, blood pressure, and vision tests may be performed while you use hydrocortisone acetate. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
• Caution is advised when using hydrocortisone acetate in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
• Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use hydrocortisone acetate.
• PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using hydrocortisone acetate while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use hydrocortisone acetate, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
• Hydrocortisone Acetate is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
• If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
• Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
“Note : This product information is intended only for residents of the India. Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited, medicines help to treat and prevent a range of conditions—from the most common to the most challenging—for people around the world.
Information for Health Care Professionals
*** Please consult local Prescribing Information for any product before use. This website is an international information resource for healthcare professionals with an interest in disease management. This website is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare professional. Above brand is a trademark of the Taj group of companies (Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited).
If you are a distributor, please inquire with us about product , importing and/or marketing our products in your country or region. If you are a consumer, don’t hesitate to contact us about more information for this product.
The most common markets for this product include the following state . Please inquire with us if your state is not listed:
North India : Jammu & Kashmir ,Himachal Pradesh,Uttar Pradesh ,Uttaranchal , Punjab ,Haryana.
South India : Kerala, Karnataka ,Tamil Nadu,Andhra Pradesh.
East India : Assam ,Manipur, Meghalaya,West Bengal ,Orissa,Sikkim ,Mizoram, Tripura
West India : Goa ,Gujarat ,Rajasthan ,Maharashtra
Central India : Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh
TESACORT (Hydrocortisone Acetate )5mg Tablets – TAJ PHARMA | Treating severe allergies, arthritis, asthma, multiple sclerosis, and skin conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Hydrocortisone Acetate is a corticosteroid.
TESACORT (Hydrocortisone Acetate )5mg Tablets – TAJ PHARMA